Saturday, September 3, 2011

One of my dearest friends, Kelly, was diagnosed with cancer this week. She's 34. She's the supermom to two kids and a superwife. She likes Michael Jackson and Elton John and has been known to dance like Elaine from Seinfeld. She loves the Lord with all her heart and is an inspiration to everyone who knows her.

It's not fair and I'm more than a little ticked off about it.

Kelly and her husband, Eric, have already had more hurdles in the last five years than most of us have in a lifetime. The lightning shouldn't be striking this field, folks.

As her friend there is not much I can (or should) say or do, but as her friend I'd very much like to fight the fight for her, as would her husband, parents, siblings and so many others. There is nothing more frustrating than watching the ones you love suffer or face trials and you can't do a darned thing about it.

What we can do is pray and pray we will. There will be prayer, lots and lots and lots of prayer. As her husband says "much prayer, much power". Kelly herself has been saying all week that she intends to be the most prayed over woman Kaiser hospital has ever seen, and I believe her. This morning at 8am was her surgery and it went as best as we could hope for! (Read Eric's update here) Praise God! I am excited to see her smiling face and give her a pretend hug tomorrow. 

She and Team Kelly have made it through this hurdle. Onward and upward!

I wore that hat and she stayed friends with me. That says a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Clair, I am so sorry! Cancer is such an ugly thing. Please let Kelly and Eric, I am part of the prayer team.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.