Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I ♥ Sacramento {Taco Tuesday - El Herradero}

Hi everybody, As Claire mentioned my little guy and I were busy fighting off a cold that felt like consumption but we made it through and I believe that deserves a little celebrating… with tacos. Of course!




Today’s stop is a little place on Arden, just past Bell called El Herradero. There are several reasons I am a Herradero fan and first up is the décor. Herradero is in a stretch of Arden that best described as “auto-mall wasteland” and yet despites it’s shady local and super-cramped quarters the inside is wonderful. It’s filled with original paintings of horses and was obviously decorated with love and care.

Sometimes it’s the little things, right?

The second thing I love above El Herradero are their ceviche tostadas. The ceviche is fresh and clean and you usually get to choose between fish, shrimp or my favorite “combinado!” I know some of you are feeling uncomfortable with me eating “tostadas” on a taco tour and I understand that. It’s ca-razy rule breaking behavior.

Don’t worry. Their tacos are good too. In particular people rave about the carnitas, but don’t take my word for it, go check it out yourself and report back your favorites!

-Emily from NotoriousMLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.