Thursday, August 25, 2011

I might be a little obsessed.

You may or may not know this about me, but I am a horrible horrible plant killer. Plants don't whine and complain for food and water so therefore get sadly neglected in my care. My family whines and complains for food making them much easier to care for. I got turned on to cacti when my friend Melissa started making terrariums. Sure, I'd seen them before, but when a working mother of two little ones can find time to make them (and a million other awesome things) well, one takes notice.


You can't teach an old dog new tricks, though. I still managed to kill my drought-tolerant cacti (over watering, oh the irony) by using non-draining pots. I'm trying again outdoors, though. I was newly inspired by all the gorgeous plants in Southern California. There were so many succulents I'd never seen before everywhere. I used to really think they were ugly, but I'm converted by bright pink and orange and yellow flowers and deep purple varieties we saw.


Rock planters. BRILLIANT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.