Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I ♥ Sacramento {Ashlee Gadd of Where My Heart Resides}





I am pretty excited about this blogger feature, because Ashlee is so darn sweet. She has been writing her blog, Where My Heart Resides for about two years and has lived in Sacramento for 5. I found her lovely blog via Twitter, which is another good reason to get on board the social media bandwagon (several upcoming locals are twitter finds). Read on and be sure to pop into Ashlee's blog and say "Hi!" You can go ahead and tell her I sent ya ;)

What do you love best about Sacramento?  Hands down, the people. Sacramento is a community, and I am constantly reminded of that in my day-to-day interactions with friends and strangers alike. Sacramento rallies for a cause like nobody’s business, and I love the energy in this city.
Favorite local haunts: Ooooh, so many to choose from! Café Bernardo, Temple Coffee on 10th, L Wine Lounge, Yogurt-a-go-go, The Crest Theatre, Mix for dancing, and Marilyn’s on K for live music.
The best shopping in town is: Sacramento has the BEST thrift stores. The Goodwill on Watt Ave is amazing, and I love Thrift Town. Also adore Crimson and Clover, YSJ Vintage, and Face It.


When out of towners come I'm always sure to take them to: Depends on the crowd….any of my local haunts for sure, maybe Dive Bar to check out the mermaids, McKinley park for a picnic, movie at the Crest, a Rivercats game…
One thing I wish Sacramento had: An outdoor entertainment venue!

Ashley has kindly shared with us three of her favorite posts, Frozen, an essay on missed opportunity, Britt n Joe, a lovely photoshoot with her newly engaged friends and the sweetly hopeful, Finding Joy in the Future.Please take a few moments to say hi to Ashlee! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.