Friday, March 4, 2011

I ♥ Sacramento {The Shack}

 

153

The Shack

www.eastsacshack.com

Open Monday through Friday, 11am until 8pm

Saturday and Sundays, 8am-2pm

5201 Folsom Boulevard Sacramento, CA  95819

Phone  916.457.5997

I have several I ♥ Sacramento posts in the works right now and I am starting to notice a trend. There seems to be quite a few eateries on the list, which either speaks to my one track mind towards food or the greatness that is Sacramento’s restaurant scene. We’ll, go with the second one m’kaaay? Thanks.Sub Shack1

Some days it pays to be a neurotic blogger proud mom with a camera always stashed in her purse ready to take photos for the next blog post cute shots of her kids at any moment. We weren’t planning to go out to lunch, but we were hungry and in the area, and The Shack was calling.  Ever since I decided to do I ♥ Sacramento I knew it was going to be a place I would feature. It definitely didn't disappoint. Now, not being a food blogger I can’t really go into detail about our meals other than to say that it was good and we’d go back. I’m more interested in whether or not a place has that Sac Town vibe. Since I’m featuring The Shack we can all agree that it does.

The SHack2

My husband I visited on a recent Monday holiday and the place was packed so we had to sit at the bar. I gotta say I love sitting at the bar when we go out, but unless a place is packed we generally forget that we can sit if we want and allow the hostess to usher us towards a boring old table. But I digress. The Shack earns points for being packed on a weekday (even if it was a holiday), for having a fun assortment of clientele (hipsters, college kids talking about their lame boyfriends, and East Sac moms. That’s variety, man.) and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the beer menu (it’s extensive, maybe even exhaustive) even though all I care about is whether or not they have a good cider (they do), which is the closest to beer that I drink.

The Shack3

Those fries were pretty amazing. You should totally go get some.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this place. I discovered it about 10 years ago right after high school. I was working my first "real" job as a receptionist in a dental office. The office manager had treated us to this awesome joint. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.