Monday, March 14, 2011

I ♥ Sacramento {Erin of Bows and Sparrows}

Screen_shot_2011-03-09_at_7.32.46_AM5% of people cannot roll their tongues like that. I am among that 5% and am thus extremely jealous that she can.

I am excited to introduce you all to Erin today. She runs  Bows and Sparrows an awesome fashion/lifestyle blog where she shares gorgeous fashion, home and musical finds.  This girl has amazing style and frequently features local businesses, artists -and most recently- fashion mavens, on her blog.  Her photography is beautiful, especially on her Closet Case series. I’m not gonna lie, when I realized that she was from Sacramento I was pretty over the moon about it and knew that I was going to be featuring her for I ♥ Sacramento. She is just all kinds of adorable and super sweet to boot. Recently I asked her a few questions about Sactown and her favorite haunts and she happily shared with me.

Screen_shot_2011-03-09_at_7.34.08_AMPerfect gold sequins

How long have you lived in Sacramento? I moved to Sacramento in 2002 - although, I've lived in the area for most of my life (namely Davis and Chico).
What do you love best about Sacramento? Honestly, the thing I love most about Sacramento is the community and support system that I have in place. My group of friends are pretty much the most amazing people and I can't imagine moving - unless they're coming with!

closetcaseErin features beautiful, stylish local ladies for “Closet Case”

 

Where are your favorite local haunts? I think this list changes depending on the weather, but a few of my current go-to haunts are the Shady Lady, Temple Fine Coffee and Tea, Magpie Cafe, Azul, Kasbah and Badlands (for dancing).
Where is the best shopping in town? I love supporting local boutiques like Fringe21, Cuffs and Krazy Mary's. Of course, I have to admit that a lot of my shopping also happens at Target, Urban Outfitters and Loehmann's.

stitchOn a recent walk around the city Erin and her friend Nathan discovered Stitch - gorgeous urban living

 

When out of towners come I'm always sure to take them…The last time my friend Willow was visiting from NYC, we took her to Bulls (1330 H Street). It was the middle of the day on a weekday and the place was dead. Still, we thought it would be a really unique place to go and none of us had ever been. While none of us actually rode the mechanical bull, the bartender did let us climb onto it for some photo ops. Oh, and we played some shooting game and drank Pabst. It was very classy. That said, I generally take out-of-towners to my local "haunts" (see list above) because I want them to get a taste of what my life in Sac is truly like. and avoid taking them… There aren't necessarily places that I intentionally avoid - it's more that there are places that don't even register on my radar, you know?

231Erin reminds us that every lady needs a little Chanel


What are your favorite blog posts? The blog posts that I love the most are my "Closet Case" interviews, where I get to go inside the homes and closets of some of Sacramento's most effortlessly chic ladies (and, on the horizon, gents). I have a very voyeuristic side to me, which I think a lot of people can relate to. There's something so fascinating about how other people live - I think that's why blogs are so popular, we get to take a peek into the lives of others. For me, these "Closet Case" posts satiate that desire of mine. Plus, all of the ladies I have featured have been super unique, sweet and awesome people. It's been a blast getting know all of them.

------------

Raise your hand if you knew Sacramento had a mechanical Bull riding Bar? Yeah. Me neither.

Thanks, Erin!

Be sure to visit Erin at her blog, friend her on Facebook and follow her on twitter. She is delightful no matter where you find her.

All photos are courtesy of Erin S. for Bows and Sparrows

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me, darling! I love our little city and your "I ♥ Sacramento" series is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin is awesome. This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Erin was featured very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks guys! This blog is quickly becoming all Sacramento all the time. Gotta throw a kid post in there once in awhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.