Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tiny Dancers

Our girls had their first ballet recital this past Saturday. They have been taking ballet since January and preparing for their big moment on stage. We had tried with Charlotte in October, but quickly realized she wasn't quite ready. By January, though, these two little dancers were ready. Charlotte was quite a bit more into it than Lily, which was to be expected. There was certainly a level of "if she gets to, then I get to" in her desire to participate. She wasn't even sure she wanted to do the recital until the last possible moment, but she took a leap (ha! pun was NOT intended) and went for it. Charlotte, on the other hand, was jumping out of her skin with excitement from the first class until the last bow.


I helped backstage with Lily's class, keeping them quiet and in their places, ushering them onstage for their big moment, getting teary eyed as they ran on, full on bawling when they ran offstage. Lily looked at me and sighed, "Moooom, it's not like I graduated, or anything!" But she did, she graduated from being a tearful, scared little girl, to a brave BIG girl. There was a photo I took of her after the show that seems to be a window straight into her grown up years. For now, I am going to enjoy my tiny little ballerinas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.