Monday, August 13, 2012

Fun on the Road



We took a little road trip this past weekend and renewed our love of Dutch Bros Coffee as well as our friendships with two great couples. We also learned that whipped cream on a straw is the most novel thing ever. 


We wandered into the best little used bookstore we have seen, in Corvallis, Oregon. There were books piled up everywhere - down aisles, on top of shelves, on top of books on top of shelves. It was great. All three of our kids got that glossy eyed look that I know that Aaron and I both get when we walk into a bookstore. Then I got that glossy eyed look of pride that moms get.

As we were checking out Tyler says to me and sighed, "Mmmm bookstores smell sooooooo GOOD", to which Lily immediately breathed "Yeah", and my mommy heart exploded.

Also, my son valiantly fought to get us to buy him six books, but Aaron negotiated him down to three. I, under the ruse of getting them for my daughter, bought all seven Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. I know I didn't fool my husband, and I very much appreciate that he bought me Lily the books anyway.


I showed my husband and kids the Rail Road Park Resort, which is a place I had visited when travelling in Northern California before we had kids. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a place that I wanted to take my future family.. We didn't get to stay there this time, but now the kids want to just as badly as I do, so it's just a matter of time.

A million thanks to our friends the Ramsay's and they Reynolds' who let us visit with them for a few days. It was truly a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.