Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Milestone


My little ballerina had her first recital today. Sort of. She got on stage and was paralyzed by stage fright, but she still got up there! She was such a cutie pie. It tugged at my mommy strings to see her crying up there, but 10 minutes later she was happy as a clam backstage eating fruit snacks with her cousin. Go figure!

As a reward for going outside her comfort zone she got a new toy (Princess Tiana's Band set - I'll regret that later) and got to pick our lunch spot, which started out being McDonalds but the adults redirected to a (healthier) local place instead. When I told her I was proud of her for going on stage and doing a great job she looked at me like I was a goofball and said "But mom, I was too shy to even dance!"

"A" for effort, my dear! "A" for effort! And now little sister has commandeered the outfit for her own purposes.


3 comments:

  1. She is a dollbaby!! That sweet stage fright will probably (sadly) be gone by tween years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! She is a little doll! Actually, every night when she prays she adds "...and God, please make me grow up fast so I can chew gum and wear makeup!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.