Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snow











I have a love hate relationship with snow. I love to look at it, but really hate to be in it. I think my father, who loved skiing, was always deeply disappointed that I took after my mother's lodge-loving ways rather than his mountain-loving ones. One of the things I love best about living in Sacramento is our proximity to visiting the snow. Don't make me drive in it or be out in it for any longer than a half an hour, but I will happily sit by a fire with a cup of tea watching the snow for hours on end and then happily head home before teh slush really sets in. I do regret that there is never a possibility of a snow day around here. Although, it was something like 75 degrees today, in January, so I can probably make do.

Going to the snow was bribery to get my kids to sit for a family portrait with the dog. Actually getting to have the dog in the portrait was also bribery, as not one child was remotely interested in taking pictures unless Rory could be in them, too. They were only still for about five minutes so I am thankful any pictures came out, let alone several. Also, those Christmas cards are quickly becoming Valentine's cards. I'd say my resolution for 2014 would be to become more organized, but I think that is already out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.