Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just keep swimming...

Charlotte and I watched Finding Nemo yesterday. It's such a great movie for a million reasons, but mostly for its message about perseverance since both Nemo and his Dad have to work so hard to find each other. My favorite scene in the movie with when Dory sings "just keep swimming, hoohooohaaa". I love it, and find myself singing "just keep reading, just keep reading, reading..." The kids aren't as entertained by it as I am, but whatever. 


It's be a lot harder to keep Lily focused this week. I'm trying not to be too worried about it, but we are at the halfway point and I am telling myself we are getting somewhere with her, but then she refuses to read or do flashcards or does it even slower than when we started and I want to pull my hear out. Right when I feel like throwing in the towel, though, she pulls out a book, reads it perfectly like I know she can and I feel a little better.

It stinks because Lily reads things really well with me or to her siblings, but then people she isn't used to she stumbles and mumbles through the same things she read perfectly to me a few days before. She just needs to pull out the great reading for her teachers! 

We are plugging away over here. I'm hoping today is better than the last few days have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.