Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Another Halloween is on the books (in the books?). This morning I woke up to the sound of excited voices discussing candy and costumes and how many pieces they thought mom would let them eat (4) before cutting them off.

Up until the other day I would have said that Halloween was far and away my kids' favorite holiday that wasn't Christmas, but while grocery shopping Tyler wistfully said, "Oh man, I can't wait for Thanksgiving." to which Lily replied, "Yeeeeaaah!"

I laughed and asked them why the Thanksgiving enthusiasm? Tyler looked at me like I was insane and said, "All the great food!" Lily scoff-laughed, shaking her head at my foolishness.

Yeah. They are definitely my children.

In spite of it not being Thanksgiving day, the kids still managed to make the best of it and enjoy themselves. Charlotte had her first school Halloween party where she raked in so much candy that had she been an only child we would have totally told her that was all there was to Halloween. Lucky for her, she has siblings who know better.

Before we headed out for the night we stopped by our neighbors house to show off the kids costumes. I didn't ask her if she cared if I plastered her all over my blog, but I don't really feel bad because she is in Hawaii for the next nine days. She will be too relaxed to get mad at me.

Right, Carla? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, it will be approved after I make sure you aren't a cylon. I have tests for that.